dcsimg
getting problem with creating folder using javamail api
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   mitul_darji
Posted On:   Friday, October 4, 2002 12:07 AM

Using Javamail Api, all i have developed it is working properly, but I am facing problems with creating folder though javamail api is providing method named Folder.create(int type). Whenever I am implementing this thing and code is returning and error indicating that messaging exception:"not a directory" and also sometimes it may return false for folder creating. So can you suggest me, for above mentioned thing.

Re: <pre>getting problem with creating folder using javamail api</pre>

Posted By:   Christopher_Koenigsberg  
Posted On:   Friday, October 4, 2002 07:21 AM

I assume you are using IMAP and not POP, because only IMAP servers let you create folders.

The error "not a directory" sounds like it (the server) doesn't like the location (path) that you are asking it to create a folder in. It needs to create a new subdirectory, for your folder name, under a parent directory somewhere (e.g. your home directory, or wherever the server is configured, to start the root of your user's folders), on its local filesystem.

So, either you are not passing the right argument for the folder name/path, or else the server is not configured properly, to allow creating user directories?

About | Sitemap | Contact