dcsimg
Multi-Channel Struts
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Aaron_Roller
Posted On:   Thursday, October 3, 2002 02:56 PM

Tiles Document Assembly Framework is a great addition in Struts 1.1. The advanced descriptor files allow a developer to develop every page independently and Tiles pieces it all together. The descriptor files are object-oriented allow extensions and overrides of page properties. If you haven't checked it out yet, I encourage it. A product called Dimensions extends Tiles to support multiple channels and devices (i.e. mobile phones, PDAs, SOAP). Basically, it allows an end user to type the same url independent of their device. The developer only writes one action for a business function and Dimensions will forward to the appropriate page for the calling device. You can re-use the content that is appropriate for a device and override the cont   More>>

Tiles Document Assembly Framework is a great addition in Struts 1.1. The advanced descriptor files allow a developer to develop every page independently and Tiles pieces it all together. The descriptor files are object-oriented allow extensions and overrides of page properties. If you haven't checked it out yet, I encourage it.

A product called Dimensions extends Tiles to support multiple channels and devices (i.e. mobile phones, PDAs, SOAP). Basically, it allows an end user to type the same url independent of their device. The developer only writes one action for a business function and Dimensions will forward to the appropriate page for the calling device. You can re-use the content that is appropriate for a device and override the content that is not.

A better explanation and demonstration can be found at http://developer.motionbased.com . If you are thinking of serving content beyond the desktop browser then check it out.

Aaron Roller

Free2Be, LLC.

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact