dcsimg
about servlets
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   ashish_vashist
Posted On:   Thursday, October 3, 2002 09:40 AM

Please use html tags to format code blocks. hi there, I am ashish.i am writing this mail to you to get the solution of some of my queries.I will be highly thankful if you could answer my queries as early as possible. Ques.1. I am working on Weblogic 6.0.If i have servlet on my machine and the bean is present and deployed on another machine.Then do i need to deploy the bean on my machine also to call it from my servlet?In my servlet i am mentioning the address of the machine containing the bean in the Context_PROVIDER_URL. Ques2. If i deploy the bean on my machine then even after giving the address of other machine in the P   More>>

Please use html tags to format code blocks.

hi there,
I am ashish.i am writing this mail to you to get the solution of some of my queries.I will be highly thankful if you could answer my queries as early as possible.

Ques.1.
I am working on Weblogic 6.0.If i have servlet on my machine and the bean is present and deployed on another machine.Then do i need to deploy the bean on my machine also to call it from my servlet?In my servlet i am mentioning the address of the machine containing the bean in the Context_PROVIDER_URL.

Ques2.
If i deploy the bean on my machine then even after giving the address of other machine in the PROVIDER_URL it is invoking bean deployed on my weblogic server and showing the output there?

Please solve this problem of mine and tell me in datail. I shall be highly thankful.

with regards

Ashish

<<Less

Re: about servlets

Posted By:   Anjan_Bacchu  
Posted On:   Thursday, October 3, 2002 11:10 AM

Hi Ashish,

You need to deploy the EJB only on 1 server and on the server which contains the servlet, you need to deploy on some classes of your ejb including the EJB Object.

Basically, you need to deploy the stub(proxy) of the EJB with the client(servlet container). You should not deploy the EJB on the same server as your servlet.

You will be able to get the documentation about the stub in your weblogic docs.

Best Regards
About | Sitemap | Contact