dcsimg
i want to know the status of the object. When it is garbage collected and what stage
2 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   badrinath_punchagnula
Posted On:   Friday, September 27, 2002 10:12 PM

hi
i want to know the status of the object. When it is garbage collected and what stage. Can any body help me out by providing information about this.

Thanks in advance

Re: i want to know the status of the object. When it is garbage collected and what stage

Posted By:   Bryan_Dollery  
Posted On:   Sunday, September 29, 2002 03:42 AM

It sounds like what you need to do is read this article on Sun's website:

Improving Java[tm] Application Performance and Scalability by Reducing Garbage Collection Times and Sizing Memory

It's excellent, and probably covers everything you need to know.

Cheers,

Bryan

Re: i want to know the status of the object. When it is garbage collected and what stage

Posted By:   Sebastien_Meric  
Posted On:   Sunday, September 29, 2002 12:45 AM

Hello,

I'm not sure to anderstand your question. It seems to me that it's like asking if I can trace a plastic bottle I've thrown in my dust bean. Like if I would like to know if it's still in a bag at home, if it's in a bag in the common dust beans down my building, if it's in the lorry, or if it has been recycled.

One thing is certain thought, as long as you can find the object, that is, as long as you have reference to it, it won't go to the garbage collector. Thus you know it's not because you still know it. And as soon as you don't know your object any more, then you have no way of tracing it anymore.

regards,

S├ębastien

About | Sitemap | Contact