dcsimg
Lotus notes users do not receive emails with attachments sent using java mail
2 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Vipeen_H
Posted On:   Friday, September 27, 2002 09:18 AM

The emails seems to be lost in some black hole when sent to Lotus notes users.
All other users like hotmail, rediffmail and outlook users receive the message & attachement without any problem. What might be causing this?

Vipeen

Re: Lotus notes users do not receive emails with attachments sent using java mail

Posted By:   Anonymous  
Posted On:   Wednesday, October 23, 2002 05:08 AM

Hi,
I have a similar problem. I am sending a PDF document as an attachment. Only Lotus users of my subscribers cannot open the document. Because they receive a corrupted version of the file. For example, if the file is 100KB,they receive a 78 byte file and they are not able to opne it. This seems like an encoding problem between mail servers, but I am able to find a solution to this yet. By the way, I am using sendmail as an smtp server and sending mail with javamail.

Re: Lotus notes users do not receive emails with attachments sent using java mail

Posted By:   Christopher_Koenigsberg  
Posted On:   Friday, September 27, 2002 09:30 AM

Are you getting NDN DSN email "bounce" messages's (Non-Delivery Notice, as standard Delivery Status Notifications) from some Mailer-Daemon, saying that they could not be delivered, for these Notes users? If so, what's the reason given in the error text?

If not, then the Notes server must be accepting them, and from there they leave the SMTP universe, so after that, it's up to the Notes server, and its internal X.400 hell.

About | Sitemap | Contact