<font color=red>Out oF memory error</font>
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   sabu_vs
Posted On:   Thursday, September 26, 2002 10:07 PM

Hi I have a JSP/servlet program that accepts user input and send mail messages with the user info as attched PDF files. A mail can contain up to 5 pdf's and ther size is about 500 kb. The PDF's are dynamically created. ie. Contents[pdf files] are converted to bytearray stream and attached to the mail. The program works fine, But it gives out of memory error. I found an article from IBM website that The "Memory Error can be caused due to the unused elements in the Vector Or HaashTable so the elements should be removed after it's use". I did it accordingly But I am getting this error again. I suspect that suppose if 10 persons are using the program 10 mails are being sent with pdf's. If mailin   More>>

Hi

I have a JSP/servlet program that accepts user input and send mail messages with the user info as attched PDF files. A mail can contain up to 5 pdf's and ther size is about 500 kb. The PDF's are dynamically created. ie. Contents[pdf files] are converted to bytearray stream and attached to the mail.

The program works fine, But it gives out of memory error. I found an article from IBM website that The "Memory Error can be caused due to the unused elements in the Vector Or HaashTable so the elements should be removed after it's use".

I did it accordingly But I am getting this error again. I suspect that suppose if 10 persons are using the program

10 mails are being sent with pdf's. If mailing occurs at the same time ; there should be 10 objects occupying large amount of memory.

I donot know whether my doubt is true. If true what is the solution? Could any one help me to solve my problem with a good solution?

thanks for your valuable time

sabu

<<Less

Re: <font color=red>Out oF memory error</font>

Posted By:   Bryan_Dollery  
Posted On:   Friday, September 27, 2002 07:15 AM

Hi

Even 10 users each sending messages this would only add up to 5MB of memory, which isn't a lot. Sounds like something else is wrong. Can you tell us what software you're using. ie. is it tomcat and james, or something else, and include the versions if you can.

You could try to increase the size of the heap you allocate to the JVM - I think that the default is 1MB, try increasing it to 32MB, or 64MB.

Cheers,

Bryan
About | Sitemap | Contact