dcsimg
Error SMTP when sending email
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   rania_gferrag
Posted On:   Thursday, September 26, 2002 10:58 AM

I had tried to execute the program sendmsg.java(from sun tutorials), to send email, and I have this error javax.mail.SendFailedException : Sending failed; nested exception is : class javax.mail.sendFailedException : Invalid Addresses; nested exception is : class javax.mail.sendFailedException : 550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for rana@hotmail.com at javax.mail.Transport.send0 at javax.mail.Transport.send at msgsend. at msgsend.main and for your informations Properties props = System.getProperties(); props.put("mail.smtp.host", mailhost); And mailhost contain my address IP of my server and I am using IIS4 's SMTP server (Default SMTP) to send emai   More>>

I had tried to execute the program sendmsg.java(from sun tutorials), to send email, and I have this error
javax.mail.SendFailedException : Sending failed;
nested exception is :
class javax.mail.sendFailedException : Invalid Addresses;
nested exception is :
class javax.mail.sendFailedException : 550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for
rana@hotmail.com
at javax.mail.Transport.send0
at javax.mail.Transport.send
at msgsend.
at msgsend.main

and for your informations
Properties props = System.getProperties();
props.put("mail.smtp.host", mailhost);
And mailhost contain my address IP of my server and I am using IIS4 's SMTP server (Default SMTP) to send email.
So any one knows why I have this error? I am sure that the problem is with SMTP, so how can I configure my SMTP for sending email from java application
thank you for your response +

<<Less

Re: Error SMTP when sending email

Posted By:   Christopher_Koenigsberg  
Posted On:   Thursday, September 26, 2002 11:10 AM

550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for rana@hotmail.com

That is your SMTP server's response, to your attempt at sending outgoing email through it.

So, find an SMTP server that WILL allow you to send outgoing email through it, or talk to the sysadmin of that machine, or see what you are providing in the SMTP envelope, in case you can fix something there to make the server accept your outgoing email.

Like, probably it will either only accept mail with return addresses at the same company domain name, or from registered hosts on the internal network, etc.

About | Sitemap | Contact