dcsimg
Help! To make i18n Work
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   vernon_wu
Posted On:   Wednesday, September 25, 2002 11:01 AM

After I create a DB with the encoding option EUC_CN (in Postgresql), I can't get Chinese charater store or/and retrieve right in my Java web application. I am sure the problem is not in the web application itself since Chinese charaters are displayed correctly, and email with Chinese charaters can be delieved from the application with the right display on the receiver side. I understand Java and Postgresql handle Chinese charaters in two different ways: double byte and multibyte. Does JDBC take care of the conversion between these two?. To resolve it, I need to find out the problem is in read or write, or both. If I want to isolate the problem, I need to have a DB client that can display Chinese charaters. The command line client can't do th   More>>

After I create a DB with the encoding option EUC_CN (in Postgresql), I can't get Chinese charater store or/and retrieve right in my Java web application. I am sure the problem is not in the web application itself since Chinese charaters are displayed correctly, and email with Chinese charaters can be delieved from the application with the right display on the receiver side.

I understand Java and Postgresql handle Chinese charaters in two different ways: double byte and multibyte. Does JDBC take care of the conversion between these two?.

To resolve it, I need to find out the problem is in read or write, or both. If I want to isolate the problem, I need to have a DB client that can display Chinese charaters. The command line client can't do the job. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

<<Less

Re: Help! To make i18n Work

Posted By:   eimi_nos  
Posted On:   Friday, October 11, 2002 03:36 PM

I do not know about your specific problems. But here you will be able to find rich tools for I18N. Try them.

http://oss.software.ibm.com/icu4j.
About | Sitemap | Contact