dcsimg
tomcat 4 and connection pooling
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   A_T
Posted On:   Wednesday, September 25, 2002 06:52 AM

Hi, I have an application using connection pooling to Oracle, it works fine on Tomcat 3 but on Tomcat 4 the number of active connections grows to a point when I have to kill them. The strange thing is it doesn't grow continously but it can stop on a certain number of active connections for a while and then increase. It's not a matter of closing the connections since I checked and all are closed and exactly the same application runs fine on v.3. Since I open the connection use it and then close it immediately I normally get 1 or 0 active connections on v.3 but on v.4 it goes up continously...it's like Tomcat is somehow interfering with Oracle's connection pooling. Anybody can help? Thanks, A.    More>>

Hi,

I have an application using connection pooling to Oracle, it works fine on Tomcat 3 but on Tomcat 4 the number of active connections grows to a point when I have to kill them. The strange thing is it doesn't grow continously but it can stop on a certain number of active connections for a while and then increase. It's not a matter of closing the connections since I checked and all are closed and exactly the same application runs fine on v.3. Since I open the connection use it and then close it immediately I normally get 1 or 0 active connections on v.3 but on v.4 it goes up continously...it's like Tomcat is somehow interfering with Oracle's connection pooling. Anybody can help?

Thanks,

A.

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact