Help!!! need to get an applet and a servlet communicating in a firewalled env.
3 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Haig_Haig
Posted On:   Tuesday, September 17, 2002 10:42 AM

I am developping an enterprise application that will have the following specs: 1) UI in an applet, delivered through a web browser, i.e. HTTP port 80, outside the firewall, since applet runs in client browser, 2) Business logic in a servlet, residing on the web server, inside the firewall, 3) EIS residing on Linux server running postgreSQL DBMS, inside the firewall. What I am trying to do is get the applet and servlet talking together, in order to get the applet to process and display information that the servlet gets from the DB. I know that servlets use the HTTP post/get methods to communicate with the client, but how do I get the applet to send/receive the reques   More>>

I am developping an enterprise application that will have the following specs:

1) UI in an applet, delivered through a web browser, i.e. HTTP port 80, outside the firewall, since applet runs in client browser,

2) Business logic in a servlet, residing on the web server, inside the firewall,

3) EIS residing on Linux server running postgreSQL DBMS, inside the firewall.

What I am trying to do is get the applet and servlet talking together,
in order to get the applet to process and display information that the servlet gets from the DB.
I know that servlets use the HTTP post/get methods to communicate with the client,
but how do I get the applet to send/receive the requests/responses from the servlet?

Haig

<<Less

Re: Help!!! need to get an applet and a servlet communicating in a firewalled env.

Posted By:   Anonymous  
Posted On:   Wednesday, September 18, 2002 05:54 PM

You should check out:
www.nexaweb.com
They have a nice solution that can help you significantly.

Re: Help!!! need to get an applet and a servlet communicating in a firewalled env.

Posted By:   Laxman_Subramanian  
Posted On:   Tuesday, September 17, 2002 08:00 PM

Hi its pretty simple and I have been succesfull in implementing the same for a enterprise aplication
check this url it gives you a prefect way of implementing this http://www.j-nine.com/pubs/applet2servlet/
Good Luck

Posted By:   Bob_Lee  
Posted On:   Tuesday, September 17, 2002 11:46 AM

http://www.javaworld.com/javaworld/jw-03-2001/jw-0323-traps.html

Plus, you can use object streams and pass serialized objects back and forth.

About | Sitemap | Contact