dcsimg
Thread re-use (or pooling) in RMI server
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Hoang_Chau
Posted On:   Tuesday, September 17, 2002 10:20 AM

Hi, As far as I know, when a client make a request to RMI server, there are threads created in RMI server to handle the request and they are destroyed afterward. Is is possible to pool those threads to re-use them in a server side? In addition, since RMI client actually open a socket to make a request to RMI server, is there any way to pool the open-socket in the client side? The reason I ask these questions since I have a client server application using sockets and I use socket pooling in the client side and thread pooling in the server side. I want to change it to use RMI instead and I am wondering whether RMI has those features ? Obviously, I am looking the way to optimize whatever I can to get the best performance.    More>>

Hi,

As far as I know, when a client make a request to RMI server, there are threads created in RMI server to handle the request and they are destroyed afterward. Is is possible to pool those threads to re-use them in a server side?

In addition, since RMI client actually open a socket to make a request to RMI server, is there any way to pool the open-socket in the client side?

The reason I ask these questions since I have a client server application using sockets and I use socket pooling in the client side and thread pooling in the server side. I want to change it to use RMI instead and I am wondering whether RMI has those features ? Obviously, I am looking the way to optimize whatever I can to get the best performance.

Thank you very much for any response,

Hoang

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact