dcsimg
destroy() method not called Tomcat7 Windows 7
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   desain
Posted On:   Wednesday, May 29, 2013 04:09 PM

Hi All, New to this forum and servlets writing but hopefully everyone's experience here will help. I am running Tomcat 7 on a Windows 7 Machine and am learning to write servlets however I am stuck while trying to follow a tutorial. In destroy() I am writing a simple file using FileOutputStream to store the date the servlet was first called. However, destroy() method is not called. I verified this by println() as well as moving the file creation to init(). When moved to init() the file is created just fine, and on next load I can read the file fine. I am convinced destroy() is not called. I stop the service via the m   More>>

Hi All,

New to this forum and servlets writing but hopefully everyone's experience here will help. I am running Tomcat 7 on a Windows 7 Machine and am learning to write servlets however I am stuck while trying to follow a tutorial.

In destroy() I am writing a simple file using FileOutputStream to store the date the servlet was first called.

However, destroy() method is not called. I verified this by println() as well as moving the file creation to init().

When moved to init() the file is created just fine, and on next load I can read the file fine. I am convinced destroy() is not called.

I stop the service via the manager (the little icon on the bottom "stop service");

Why is destroy not being called?

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact