What are the security features of Java Card?
The main security features of Java Card are:
- All the benefits of the Java language: data encapsulation, safe memory management, packages, etc.
- Applet isolation, thanks to the Java Card firewall.
- Transient data, which guarantees that sensitive session data is wiped out.
- A rich cryptography API for encryption, digital signatures and message digests. See Java Card:Cryptography.
- Secure communication with the card reader, if the card is Open Platform compliant. See Java Card:Card Management:Open Platform.