How can I implement global settings for a JSP application?
This object, is instantiated once per Java Virtual Machine, and can also be used to communicate with the servlet/jsp container.
There's a limitation: you can define a web site using more than one JVM running jsp/servlet servers, in this case you have more than one application, and then
application object cannot be used as a centralized data storage for global settings.
In this case it's recommended to use a database, or jndi or a centralized xml configuration repository (this is the most recent fashion).
applicationobject exposes those methods:
- Object getAttribute (String name)
- Enumeration getAttributeNames()
- int getMajorVersion()
- int getMinorVersion()
- String getMimeType(String file)
- String getRealPath(String virtualpath)
- URL getResource(String path) throws java.net.MalformedURLException
- String getServerInfo()
- log(String msg)
- log(String message, Throwable throwable)
- removeAttribute(String name)
- setAttribute(String name,Object object)
See javadoc api for further informations.