What are all the implicit objects available within a JSP page?
Govind Seshadri The eight implicit variables available within JSP pages are:
- request: This represents the request triggering the service invocation and encapsulates the HttpRequest object; has request scope.
- response: Represents the response to the request and encapsulates the HttpResponse object. Not used often by page authors; has page scope.
- pagecontext: Encapsulates implementation-dependent features as a PageContext; has page scope.
- application: Represents the ServletContext obtained from servlet configuration object; has application scope.
- out: This is an instance of JspWriter that writes into the output stream; has page scope.
- config: Represents the ServletConfig object for the JSP; has page scope.
- page: This acts as a synonym for the this operator. Not used often by page authors and has page scope.
- exception: This represents the uncaught Throwable object that resulted in the error page being invoked. By default, has page scope.