Are there any JNDI service providers which support Micrsoft's Windows security/authentication services?
mark wilcox Microsoft's sytsems can be broken down into 5 discrete areas:
- Messaging -- Exchange has a quite capable LDAP interface
- NT Domains -- There's no way to get access to NT domains from JNDI currently
- ActiveDirectory -- Active Directory is an LDAP capable system
- Windows 2000 Authentication -- Win2K authentication via ActiveDirectory is through Kerberos. So JNDI isn't valid here, that's a JAAS issue.
- Windows 2000 DNS -- You should be able to manage Windows 2000 DNS system either from LDAP through AD or via the JNDI DNS provider.