Where can I find out what optional Java packages are available for Linux?
Nathan Meyers The Blackdown organization Web site (http://www.blackdown.org) provides information on Linux-specific Java extensions - some on its Product Information pages and some in its download pages. Extensions currently available include:
- Tritonus - an implementation of the JavaSound API
- JavaComm for Linux - an implementation of the JavaComm API for serial and parallel ports
- RXTX - a low-level serial device interface (also used by the JavaComm implementation)
- JAI - an implementation of the Java Advanced Imaging architecture
- JMF - an implementation of the Java Media Framework
- java3d - an implementation of the Java3D API