What parties are involved in transaction processing?
There are five principals:
- One or more client applications - optionally initiate client-based transactions
- One or more application servers - initiate transactions on behalf of clients
- The transaction manager - the intermediary between the clients and/or application server and the distributed transaction functionality
- One or more resource managers - for service access to external resources
- A communication resource manager - for propagation of transaction contexts