How to reorder xml elements in the invalid XML according to the definition of DTD?
Roseanne Zhang XSLT will not work, since xsl does not read DTD. I search the web, and not found anyway to enforce DTD on invalid XMLs. The reason probably very similar to this one Q. Can I used a arbitrary defined DTD to generate all possible XML templates? I'm not saying it is impossible, but it might be extremely difficult.
- By hand is one way that will always work, if only once.
- Use a validating editor will greatly speed up your hand process.
- If the amount is large, but somewhat repeatable, and also you have sufficient knowledage about your XML and DTD, then
- use a Java or Perl program read the know DTD, get the order
- Read the xml, do text processing (recommended) or use DOM or JDOM to process your XML document.